So I’m officially on my new meal plan (full post about it here). I started it two weeks ago, and the Sunday right before I starting I was like k, if I’m gonna be on lentils and spinach for the next little while, might as well make myself a giant stack of pancakes before getting to it for real. Of course on my meal plan I can still have 1 meal off, which I usually save for pancake Sunday, but regardless, a little celebratory stack felt needed.
I’m pretty bad at following recipes. I usually look at about 5 different ones before thinking, hmm I’m just gonna make my own. So here was the outcome! I had two big super ripe bananas on hand as well as a new pack of Aduna baobab powder that they sent me as a “thank you” for having shared my smoothie recipe with them on their site. I combined the two along with some stuff I had left in the cupboard and VOILA. This stack was unreal and I inhaled it in seconds. Try it out for yourselves and let me know what you think!
- 1 tbsp. chia
- 3 tbsp. water
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. baobab
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tsp. coconut oil (for cooking)
- Make your chia egg by combining your chia seeds and 3 tablespoons of water in a little bowl and letting it rest in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the rest of your ingredients, add the chia egg and let the batter rest in the fridge for about 10 minutes (this is important as the oat flour with absorb some of the liquid and will thicken the batter)
- In a hot pan, put 1 tsp. of coconut oil and once melted add 2 big tablespoons of the batter to make one pancake.
- Wait until the bottom feels well cooked when slipping a spatula underneath before attempting to flip (first one will inevitably screw up, so there’s you’re pre-pancake snack)
I topped my pancakes with a clementine caramel, which was absolutely delicious and tasty all kinds of festive (of course any toppings are good on this stack).
Clementine caramel ingredients:
- 5 dates (soaked over-night)
- 50 grams silken tofu
- 1/2 clementine
- tsp. cinnamon
Method for clementine caramel:
- Place the soaked dates, tofu, clementine and cinnamon in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat up in a pot over low heat and pour on top of pancakes (I also added some fresh clementines and toasted walnuts)